Saturday, November 8, 2014

After Joyful celebration with my sisters family in Bhiwari (It lies on Rajasthan-Haryana border ) not very far away from Gurgaon, I accompanied my sister's family to Anand Vihar railway station station as they were leaving for Chhath puja at their native place. After getting off the car, me and my brother in law were walking on the platform towards retiring room and saw one person spitting paan/gutakha on the wall.
Before that man could pass the exit another man standing there slapped him tight, we were shocked and the guy who spitted was dumbfound for few seconds and then said "sorry sir galti ho gaya,ab se kabhi nhi karunga(Sorry sir for the mistake and shall never repeat this mistake again)"

It needs lot of courage to take such bold actions; we thought he must be a very powerful person or some responsible officer. So my brother in law reached to him and asked "Sir aap kuch hai kya matlab yaha ke officer or kuch (Sir are you some kind of officer here)". He calmly replied "Main tax-payer hun(I am a tax payer)", before we could even say anything he smiled and moved ahead. This was something what I had never seen or heard of, I was still pondering on the event then I suddenly heard my brother in law shouting "aye kya kar raha hai (aye.. what are you doing??)" an another man was spitting on the wall, hearing him shout the man looked down and ran away.
My sense of responsibility was shaken, and now I hope I have courage to stop someone who spits or litters.

No comments: